This is a great stir-fry to make before the weekend shop, as it will use up any leftover veggies/cold meats in the fridge.
Serves approx 4
- Any combination of vegetables cut into strips or bite size portions, e.g. carrots/peppers/courgettes/
- Any combination of shredded cooked chicken/pork/beef/lamb/bacon
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2/3 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 2/3 tbsp of soy sauce according to taste
- Cup of hot chicken stock (fresh or made from a stock cube)
- Salt and pepper
- Mix the soy sauce and shredded meats into a small bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil, garlic and onion in a large frying pan or wok.
- Add the shredded veggies to the wok and fry for 3/4 minutes, adding some stock to ensure that it does not stick or burn.
- Finally toss in the shredded chicken or other meats and cook for a further 5 minutes, adding more stock if the veggies are sticking, until the meats are thoroughly cooked and vegetables are al dente.
This is especially good served with buttered noodles.
Salsa di Pomodoro (basic tomato sauce)